Tuesday 18 January 2011

Fashionable Education



This is me in my magazine design class today (notice Alex in the background looking rather zoned, ha ha).

Uni has so far been a beauty. I have recently started my second semester and I’m bursting with so much adrenaline and strive; it’s a great feeling. My ambitions are bigger than big and my motivation is a beacon for my success within the exciting world of fashion.


  My first semester implicated a 3 hour Mac computer session (eek). As a budding fashion journalist, it is only a matter of time before the Mac computer becomes my baby anyway; an Apple Mac book is soon to be mine and when it is, ill treat it as my baby; as if I have just given birth to a girl and she needs all my divided attention. I’ll wake her up in the morning so I can write, interact with her in the afternoon when writing a beauty or fashion column for say, Company magazine(oh, exciting) and I’ll put her to sleep at around 3am after hours of drooling over the computer screen at the joys of my latest novel.


Writing about fashion and beauty is something which will be a huge aspect of my future career. If your passionate about fashion or maybe even another subject, you have to be fully driven. There are so many girls who want to get into the industry, so many budding journalists hoping for their big break. What is going to make you stand out of the crowd, huh?



Ok, so we all know the fashion industry can be bitchy and catty and everything else, but who’d have thought a bunch of undergraduate writing fashion students could give you the evils as if they’d already organised the editorial for Paris couture. It’s not that I’m naïve, in fact there’s no naivety in it, but as I sat in the lecture room, the eyes that pondered among me were just evil, evil, and evil. If looks could kill(damn).

I suppose all you can do is focus on you, get your foot in the right door and ignore the negative energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment