Saturday 26 February 2011

The Capital City

So my trip to London (or shall I say the Big City) has so far been brill. Spending time with family is the best ever - so therepeutic. The trip to London was well overdue. With me being a few 100 miles away in Southampton, my home sickness had begun to grow babies.

As I sat through my lectures on Wednesday Afternoon, I tried to tackle my excitement and my urge to scream 'there's no place like home,' as I knew my Coach would be taking me to London in less then 2 hours.

It had been six whole weeks since i'd seen my family and that was a decade in  'Hunter' Family time. (Hunter being my last name). I felt starved from homelissness and tender-loving-care, which wasn't a great deal of help considering the stress I battle with every day at the sight of that next assignment.

My Journey to London was far from 'the ordinary' (as always). In fact, the highlight of the journey was when the driver congratulated me for remembering to bring my Coach Card, Whippie. Aren't I the lucky one? pshh.

But you don't even know the half of the torment I suffered throughout the most distruptive 2 and a quater hours of my life. My eardrums were abused at the annoyance of having a 'hoodrat' boy (i'm dearly sorry for the derogitory term), accompany me on the journey whilst shouting loud abuse at his soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend. Yes. The pig - head of a boy dumped her via Nokia 5320 an hour into the coach journey.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, he phoned his mate up afterwards to shamefully 'burn' her (curse her) and  blame her McDOnald cravings for her broad shoulders and supposedly chicken arms.

I attempted to use my ITouch as a pleasant distraction for the entire journey - blasting out slow tunes in abundance to my confused heart, however my trusty device passed out on me at the hour, and decided to take a nap. (I shall remember to fully charge next time).

So the journey was coming to an end, I applied a further coat of my M.A.C Violet Lipstick, gave my hair a bit of a revamp by using my hands as a hair dryer. I then prepared myself for the ghastly weather conditions by re-dressing myself in layers of Faux fur.

My trip has consisted of many things. Seeing my family on Wednesday was heartwarming. I gave my grandad the longest hug ever followed by a flow of reassuring hugs amongst my other relatives. Spending time with my cousins was a beauty. It was like old times, we discussed boys as any other young adult does and spoke about their pigish ways over a bag of popcorn, a pot of Hageen-Dasz ice-cream and maltesers. (mmm).

I met up with my best friend (Vivvienee). We had a naughty Burger King and a few drinks.

As you might be able tell from the pic, Vivvienne has miraculously decided to shave half her hair off , and while this hairstyle doesn't usually sit well with me, I think she manages to pull it off quite well. (though, It will take some getting used to).

As her hair is quite short anyway, her half shaven head looks less dramatic. For those who have one side of their hair 16 inches long and the other side clean shaven, I think its a total faux pas, dreadful. So, as in VIvienne's case, the short hair (Keri-Hilson-ish) and the shaven head is refreshing and not so offending.

I met up with an old flame over my stay in London. But I won't reveal all just yet. I will keep you posted.(wink,wink) 

I also managed to do a spot of make-up shopping. Check out what I got my mits on:

Mineral Based Eyeshadow Palette (Sleek)




 Face Contour Kit (Sleek)



Eylure Naturalites Ultra Glam Lashes
 Rimmel Kohl Eye Pencil

Black Liquid Eye Liner (Sleek)


Keep an eye out for future posts of me wearing the make-up I just purchased. Its very likely that I will take pictures for you beauties with the make - up on, in order for you to see the transformation.

In the future, I will be doing alot more beauty blogs aswell as fashion. This comes as an extention to my future ambitions. I aspire to write fashion and beauty features for the glossy mags as part-of my career in the journalism industry.

And this is me. Haha. Your very own budding Fashionista

Check out the bag. Gorgeous right?. So chic and feminine. Is it just me or does the bag somewhat resemble a Vivienne Westwood handbag design? This cute luggage material is a weopon against faux pas and armoured with eleqouency. The Gold detail adds to the high-end look of the purse. In my eyes, the overall design and shape of the bag appears to be inspired by Queen designer Vivvienne Westwood. (L-o-v-e). But what do you think lovelies?

Jumper: Warehouse. Faux fur coat: Matalan. Handbag: River Island. Tights: John Lewis.

Until next time my beauties
Sakaynah x 

No comments:

Post a Comment