Friday 11 February 2011

The Bare Necessities

                                                              Faux Sheepskin Gilet

Ahh yes... the good old Faux Sheepskin gilet. Allow me to fathom in a ball of lust as I accept the terms and conditions of this beautiful, beautiful thing; they read: By accepting these terms and conditions, one has the honour of wearing the gilet at her own accord. However, one must promise only to indulge herself in a lifetime of fashion frenzy, to wear the gilet with her heart solely in touch with the fine material of such a lust enduring purchase.

Do you accept these conditions? I say yes to gilet, I say yes to faux sheepskin, and hereby, I accept the terms & conditions of the most enticing, fashion feeble contract to have landed on the world of copyright.

I can only confess a crumb of an incline as to what this beautiful purchase means to me. Top of the range at Mango; this is where my heart lies. I almost shed a tear of happiness as I stood three feet away from the rack it hung on; though I must say, this beauty shun above every other item of clothing in the room...it turned everything else invisible. The hangers which accompanied the gilet became non existent, the clothing rack it swung from disappeared, and as for every other shopper in the room...well...It is very likely they had been blown away by the huff and puff of the Big Bad Wolf... all I could see was the brown, faux sheepskin which currently floats above this text.

I only say this because what seemed to everyone else as another-item-of-clothing, appeared in my eyes as a god, a spirit, so luminescent; floating alone in thin air and coming to forgive me of my sins(that being a frantic shopaholic) and bless me with the birth of a new born gilet. They say there is nothing but a very thin line between love and lust, I may just be that thin line...I Love the gilet and I lust it too.

        Taupe Satchel

As you all probably know, I have wanted a Mulberry bag for about a century or two. In reality, I'm afraid, the only way I am to get my hands on this particular purchase, is to pretend I am not a university student studying for my degree, who quite frankly needs to buffet a worthy bank account. So, after much care, thought and consideration, I decided to put the Mulberry on my wish list for the time being.

So when I visited 'Primarni' (a designer store I am reliant on for hosiery), and saw this beautiful bag, it warmed my heart in the exact same way my first love did. Though my friends say, it has some attributes of a classic Chanel bag (I long for a Chanel bag), all that stays with me is the delusion that I am sporting a £650 bag with the label, 'Mulberry'. I shall keep my wardrobe warm and satisfied as I remain on the waiting list for the real deal.

Gosh Nail Polish: Miss Mole

I absolutely love this nail polish and strongly recommend it. Gosh nail polish does not chip easily and remains its shiny appearance for a long while after being applied. The colour is very subtle on me...somewhat nude. My friends who vary in complexion have also had the privilege of testing the colour out after my banter about how good it is...haha...and it looks very good on them too. The shade is Miss Mole 596; I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do. Gosh is a very reputable brand and their nail varnish has to be one of their specialties; thumbs up.

Maybelline 24Hr Foundation

I must admit that when I first saw this foundation, I was completely put off by the words 'super stay 24Hr'...In my mind, it is not entirely likely that a foundation can hold good coverage for 24 hours. However, it turns out that the foundation works for me. Although it may not appear on the face in the same way it did after 24hrs, it most certainly holds good coverage and sits nicely on my skin. It is very smooth and doesn't feel heavy on my paws either. 

I am currently in Southampton, away at Uni; I brought this foundation to substitute for my usual Black-Up Press Powder as they don't stock it in Debenhams (Southampton branch), annoyingly. But, my mum has ordered my Black-Up Press Powder foundation for me and it is now on it's way in the post. :) Until it arrives, I will continue to use this as my substitute, and will probably buy it again as my alternative; highly recommended. I use the Cocoa shade.

Fashion Fair Lip Teaser


I Use the Fashion Fair Lip Teaser in Clear for a more neutral look. It is probably the best lip teaser I have used. It feels very light on the lips and can be used alone for a natural appearance, or applied as a second coat for lipstick. The lip teaser moisturises my lips and keeps them soft and plump throughout the day. I choose the 'Clear' shade so that when I am not wearing the usual bright coloured lipstick, I can go for the more neutral look. 5 stars go to the Fashion Fair Lip Teaser!

Sakaynah x

No comments:

Post a Comment